Ok, so maybe it is the rain...but I woke up discouraged today. I want the rain though for my baby garden I just planted..so go figure. I also noticed that after a brief "Mr. and Mrs." spat this am I felt like crap...around shame/weight. (very telling) So I can see a piece of my internal sabotage. So after some journaling and prayer, I am feeling some better. I am reading a really good book called the Core Balance Diet, and it helped too. I think in our society, at least the message I get, is that weight loss should happen instantly. And as ridiculous as it sounds, I want to work out for 3 days and see big results. This happens to me every time I make some changes. The book reminded me that healthy change is slow and permanent. I needed that reminder. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to be healthy and change the patterns (physically and emotionally) that got me here in the first place. So after all that..... no swimmimg today, but I am going right now to my treadmill. Hope you all are having a peaceful and productive day.
Shannon W.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

FROM SHANNON G.
ReplyDeleteOh how I so feel you! I really have the insane belief that after a couple days I should really look different! I've had to fight it as that will really bring me down. I read a great quote today: "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." - Leo Tolstoy