Thursday, May 14, 2009

From Shannon G.

"ONCE THE TRUTH IS REVEALED, THE PATH BECOMES CLEAR." I read this in my Body for Life book and wow, in my case, no truer words have been spoken. Yet, sometimes, as clear as the path may be... I can sure muddy it up! :)------------------------- my cardio workout went great, I'm shocked I actually went and did it. You guys have got to try BOCA CHILI- a friend at work told me about it and it is really fabulous! A bit spicy, FILLING and 150 (yes, that's correct, 150!) calories 25 carbs/20 protein. :) Also, I read today that it's best to not eat for an hour (VERY difficult for moi!) AFTER doing my cardio as I'm still burning up calories from interval cardio... not sure if it really works but I'm giving it a shot! I'm working for someone 3-11pm tonight (yeah, neck is all better!) so I'll take any good vibes I can get- I rEALLY need to stay away from the work cafeteria! :) I'd love to hear how you are all doing!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Shannon!

    My plans to work out were foiled last night when after 20 minutes my "bum" knee started acting up. I was quite dismayed! Later, I woke up around midnight and found that my boyfriend had not come home yet (unusual!) and found out he had been in a car accident! I responded to this by eating a cookie and chips & queso. BAD CALL!! I looked into Body for Life and like the look of it - had oatmeal & eggwhites for breakfast and was quite pleased so I think I will try to follow that plan. I am enjoying my grilled chicken salad lunch and hoping to get to the gym later on, provided that my knee cooperates. If not, perhaps a yoga or pilates video....

    Weekends are the worst for me, so please wish me luck, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your boyfriend ok??? I will be thinking of you both. I am so sorry that happened!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete