Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just checking in



Ok, these are my before and after...and I gotta tell ya, if I really looked like the before girl I might not be trying so hard to lose 30 lbs. I am not seeing the asymmetrical rolls and cellulite on that gal.... anyway it was fun!
So..into week 2 and I can tell the excitement with everyone has waned a little- which is fine, we couldn't be on a frenzied pace the whole time. So, I am just checking in to say I am still plugging along. Got back from Zumba a while ago and it was good, except for the crazy lady that was crowding me. And I can already see my improvement on the treadmill in speed and distance, which is promising. I have a desire to run a 5k..sometime in the near future. I am questioning my diet choices some, not bad- just I am wondering if I am having some inflammatory response to dairy..so I may change that next week. No cheating though, which is phenomenal for me. I am noticing some envy that has cropped up for me this week, at those of you that are having 'bigger' successes. Not that I want anyone to succeed less at ALL.....I just want to succeed more than I am. It is really painful for me to work hard and not get anywhere...it is my perfectionist side bareing her ugly head. Just owning it-- so I can let it go. Working on some affirmations too, so I don't get discouraged. I guess that's enough junk for now. Hope your week is going great.
Shannon W.

5 comments:

  1. Shannon, your dedication is amazing. I hope your enjoying this day. I had the same thoughts about that stinkin' before model! She's way too hot for 30lbs over-weight!

    I am still feelng pumped and energized about this adventure. I meant to post yesterday and just totally spaced by day's end.

    I have a blister/callous on my palm from all the breakdancing I've been doing at home - I'm really proud of it. The few pounds that I've lost have made a substantial difference in how fast I can move my body while breaking. I love it! I was rocking out in my kitchen last night. I played soccer with one of my students for 20 minutes today and had a blast. The joy of working with children :) YAY

    On a totally different note, I am blessed with the presense of a blessed individual who has brought me so much joy today! One of my patients has the disorder that I am specifically trained for (trying to stay as far from busting confidentiality as possible and still share my joy!) and it has just MADE my day!! :)

    I hope everyone gets a chance to get outside and soak in a few of those rays today! YAYAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesday from Paula ... don't let the first week be discouraging, some of us had more water to lose than others! This is the week that always scares me, and is the hardest. My daughter and her husband are on a diet/exercise program that they are doing in addition to full-time teaching and raising 2 little ones (4+2), and she enlightened me about cutting out dairy. So, It's less dairy, much less bread/pasta(my life line), and basic healthy eating. Of course today had a small piece of cake @ Huntsie's celebration after eating salad for lunch!!! But, tonight will walk further. Each night Jade and I walk a little more. She's an 8 yr old Mastif, so in dog years we're not too far apart. Just think ... we're all losing, yeah for all of us!!! pc

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB SHANNON, KATHERINE & PAULA!! Alas, I cannot say the same... I had a piece of cake at Griffin's 5th grade graduation ceremony yesterday but have done fairly well so far. I'm nervous to "weigh-in" on the VPH scale Saturday as I'm not seeing rapido results but... I have been sticking to my DAILY workouts (I express it so loudly as 1. I cannot believe I am doing it and 2. I also cannot believe how much I can pout over an hour activity!). My body is pretty sore and that makes me happy... makes me feel like I'm really doing something. I must confess, some of my vigor has turned into a bit of "oh geez, another DIET/WORKOUT day!" but... I think that is just a phase for me, hopefully I will move out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon and all. I am not familiar with blogging much. I finally figured out how to post a comment. I did the model. boy I wish I looked like her! I am sticking with it and feeling good about our group!
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes that's me! MamaNeeci. How did I do that?

    ReplyDelete